Tourism Service Board
The Tourism Service Board is the central contact point for tourists and partners in the tourism and leisure industries. It operates as a coordination and information platform for the travel industry.
Visitors from Austria and abroad, companies, authorities and other institutions may turn to the Tourism Service.
A special service is the free and impartial mediation in conflicts between travellers and Austrian companies, hotels, tourist offices as well as travel agencies and tour-operators (as in cases of complaints about travel deficiencies). Please use the downloadable form to submit your complaint.
You can reach the Tourism Service Board from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 CET
- Tel: +43 1 711 00 - 605597
- Fax: +43 1 711 00 - 602387
- E-mail: email@example.com
You may also address your concerns in writing to the following address:
Republic of Austria
Agriculture, Regions and Tourism
If you require personal advice, we are at your service from Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 CET or otherwise by telephone arrangement.
Foreign representations in Austria
Special information of the Hotel Business Section of the WKO on the issue of air travel interruption; options for cancellation of hotel bookings:
Many tourist accommodation establishments apply the conditions set down in their general terms of business (Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen – AGB) The model AGB made available by the Hotel Business Section of the The Austrian Economic Chamber (WKÖ) (AGBH 2006) include the following rules:
Inability to arrive
- If the Party is prevented from arriving at the accommodating establishment on the date of arrival since this is impossible due to unforeseeable extraordinary events (e.g. extreme snowfall, floods etc.), the Party shall not be obliged to pay the agreed remuneration for the date of arrival.
- The obligation to pay the remuneration for the booked stay shall reviveas soon as the arrival becomes possible again provided that it becomes possible within three days.
Decisions are to be made on a case-by-case basis whether alternative travel options should be used, or whether payment obligations arise once the closure of air space is lifted during the period booked. Decisions are to take into account various aspects, such as reasonableness, duration of stay, or the question of whether the agreement involves a divisible or indivisible service according to the intention of the parties.
Publications and studies
If you are interested in publications or studies concerning tourism (at present available only in German), you may download them or order them from the Tourism Service.