Landjugend Österreich (Rural Youth Austria)
Rural Youth Austria is with more than 90,000 members the largest youth organisation in rural areas. There it is the driving force for active, responsible and critical participation.
Rural Youth stands up for farmers’ concerns and for a successful future of farm successors. It works for a sustainable way of farming and active environmental protection and committedly promotes the understanding between the groups of the population in rural areas.
Landjugend Österreich deals with social trends, it generates impulses for young people and provides attractive leisure-time offers. For the personal development of the young people, the Rural Youth provides a comprehensive educational offer, which discovers hidden abilities and promotes strengths.
Culture and customs are parts of the rural youth; they are lived, shaped and imparted.
The above-mentioned goals are implemented by means of a wide range of offers:
- Courses, seminars, meetings, study tours, excursions and competitions for technical and personal further training
- Projects and actions on the respective priority issue from the federal to the provincial, district and local level
- Publication of working documents and technical brochures
- Discussion platforms on certain priority issues such as agricultural working groups or educational workshops
- Promotion of the international youth exchange and exchange of trainees by means of its own exchange office
- Representation of the interests and concerns of young people from rural areas in various Austrian and European bodies
Ing. Alfred Lehner
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Regions and Tourism (BMLRT)
Directorate II/1, Agricultural Policy, Data Management and Further Training
Stubenring 1, 1010 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 711 00 - 606833
Office of the Landjugend Österreich (Rural Youth Austria)
Schauflergasse 6, 1014 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 53 441 - 8569